Interesting laser workspace alignment jig posted today on Instructables.

Interesting laser workspace alignment jig posted today on Instructables.

Originally shared by Ariel Yahni (UniKpty)

Laser alignment jig. Haven’t tried it yet, if you do please share your experience with it.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.instructables.com/id/Laser-Buddy-Laser-Alignment-Made-Easy/%3Famp_page=true

Interesting read. Unfortunately it was not the type of alignment I originally thought it was going to be talking about, but still would be a handy jig to have.

I fell into the same incorrect assumption.

Is this any useful at all? If it is how would you change the title so it does not mislead?

I’d imagine it is useful. I’d just change title to more like “Aligning the workpiece” rather than “Aligning the laser”.

I have a jig almost exactly like this but I use it to align the beam through the air assist nozzle. It also indexes to the side of the nozzle and also sets the FL.
I put a piece of tape on the base and shoot the beam to see if it hits true center. If it is offset from the calibrated center I know the beam is coming through the nozzle at an angle.

Travelling so no picture.

I now do the same measurement with my lift table by lowering and raising it and watch to see if the point where the beam hits wanders.

Here’s the non-AMP version of the link:

4 Likes