Inkscape 1.0 released

5 Likes

Lots of great changes and tools in this release.

@Scorch I noticed they changed the way extensions are handled. Does this impact K40whisper at all?

Doooooood!!! I :heart: Inkscape! I use it a LOT! In fact, I just used it today to build my company’s Mother’s Day marketing flyers! I just downloaded it. Going to uninstall 0.92.3 and install 1.0 now!!!

2 Likes

There were some changes to the command line options in Inkscape 1.0 that affected K40 Whisperer. I have released a new version of K40 Whisperer (V0.48) that will work with Inkscape 1.0 as well as older versions of Inkscape.

https://www.scorchworks.com/K40whisperer/k40whisperer.html#download

Scorch

6 Likes

Excellent. Thanks for your continued work on K40 whisperer. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Dude, in case you weren’t already aware, you’re awesome. :+1:

5 Likes

Ah cool, thanks for the heads up. Inkscape is the first vector software I’ve used, and only started using it a few years ago, so took me a little while to get use to things. It’s been able to do anything I’ve needed it too, but the UI does bug me.

About a month ago I installed Affinity Designer, taking advantage of their 90 day trail during Covid19 times. I like it a lot and for only $25 (50% off right now) think I will buy it. Definitely keeping Inkscape around too though since unfortunately Designer can’t import DXF files. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Try playing around with the new themes. Larger icons are great with a big 4K monitor. :nerd_face:

6 Likes