In search of some help, I am struggling getting this project to work.

In search of some help, I am struggling getting this project to work. I am trying to build my own palette, I do not want a gradient palette, nor to use palette knife. I want 2 effects, fill the LEDs from the palette, then rotate the LEDs from the colors in the palette. I am getting an error, and am not sure how to fix it. I have posted 2 links, 1 link to the code I made that fills the LEDs from palette, the other is the project i want to add the fill LED solid from palette effect too.

I added code on lines 281, 552 - 570 the rest of the code worked error free.

What is the error that you are getting?

@Daniel_Garcia

In file included from /Users/kylebostick/Desktop/palette_test/palette_test.ino:7:0:
/Users/kylebostick/Documents/Arduino/libraries/FastLED/FastLED.h:17:21: note: #pragma message: FastLED version 3.001.007

pragma message “FastLED version 3.001.007”

^

In file included from /Users/kylebostick/Documents/Arduino/libraries/FastLED/FastLED.h:68:0,
from /Users/kylebostick/Desktop/palette_test/palette_test.ino:7:
/Users/kylebostick/Documents/Arduino/libraries/FastLED/fastspi.h:110:23: note: #pragma message: No hardware SPI pins defined. All SPI access will default to bitbanged output

pragma message “No hardware SPI pins defined. All SPI access will default to bitbanged output”

^

/Users/kylebostick/Desktop/palette_test/palette_test.ino: In function ‘void loop()’:
palette_test:553: error: no matching function for call to ‘fill_solid(TProgmemRGBPalette16)’
fill_solid(myC9Palette)
^
/Users/kylebostick/Desktop/palette_test/palette_test.ino:553:26: note: candidates are:
In file included from /Users/kylebostick/Documents/Arduino/libraries/FastLED/FastLED.h:61:0,
from /Users/kylebostick/Desktop/palette_test/palette_test.ino:7:
/Users/kylebostick/Documents/Arduino/libraries/FastLED/colorutils.h:18:6: note: void fill_solid(CRGB*, int, const CRGB&)
void fill_solid( struct CRGB * leds, int numToFill,
^
/Users/kylebostick/Documents/Arduino/libraries/FastLED/colorutils.h:18:6: note: candidate expects 3 arguments, 1 provided
/Users/kylebostick/Documents/Arduino/libraries/FastLED/colorutils.h:23:6: note: void fill_solid(CHSV*, int, const CHSV&)
void fill_solid( struct CHSV* targetArray, int numToFill,
^
/Users/kylebostick/Documents/Arduino/libraries/FastLED/colorutils.h:23:6: note: candidate expects 3 arguments, 1 provided
palette_test:554: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘FillLEDsFromPaletteColors’
FillLEDsFromPaletteColors(uint8_t);
^
palette_test:558: error: ‘colorIndex’ was not declared in this scope
colorIndex += 3;
^
In file included from /Users/kylebostick/Library/Arduino15/packages/esp8266/hardware/esp8266/2.4.1/cores/esp8266/esp8266_peri.h:24:0,
from /Users/kylebostick/Library/Arduino15/packages/esp8266/hardware/esp8266/2.4.1/cores/esp8266/Arduino.h:38,
from /var/folders/bp/z3cg1mqn2_gd04_g09_vt60m0000gn/T/arduino_build_354352/sketch/palette_test.ino.cpp:1:
/Users/kylebostick/Library/Arduino15/packages/esp8266/hardware/esp8266/2.4.1/tools/sdk/include/c_types.h:89:66: error: section attribute cannot be specified for local variables
#define ICACHE_RODATA_ATTR attribute((section(“.irom.text”)))
^
/Users/kylebostick/Library/Arduino15/packages/esp8266/hardware/esp8266/2.4.1/cores/esp8266/pgmspace.h:13:21: note: in expansion of macro ‘ICACHE_RODATA_ATTR’
#define PROGMEM ICACHE_RODATA_ATTR
^
/Users/kylebostick/Desktop/palette_test/palette_test.ino:562:37: note: in expansion of macro ‘PROGMEM’
const TProgmemPalette16 myC9Palette PROGMEM =
^
palette_test:573: error: expected ‘,’ or ‘;’ before ‘if’
if (setEffect == “St Patty”) { // colored stripes pulsing in Shades of GREEN
^
palette_test:1091: error: expected ‘}’ at end of input
}
^
Using library Adafruit_NeoPixel at version 1.1.6 in folder: /Users/kylebostick/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Adafruit_NeoPixel
Using library ESP8266WiFi at version 1.0 in folder: /Users/kylebostick/Library/Arduino15/packages/esp8266/hardware/esp8266/2.4.1/libraries/ESP8266WiFi
Using library PubSubClient at version 2.6 in folder: /Users/kylebostick/Documents/Arduino/libraries/PubSubClient
Using library FastLED at version 3.1.6 in folder: /Users/kylebostick/Documents/Arduino/libraries/FastLED
Using library ArduinoOTA at version 1.0 in folder: /Users/kylebostick/Library/Arduino15/packages/esp8266/hardware/esp8266/2.4.1/libraries/ArduinoOTA
Using library ESP8266mDNS in folder: /Users/kylebostick/Library/Arduino15/packages/esp8266/hardware/esp8266/2.4.1/libraries/ESP8266mDNS (legacy)
exit status 1
no matching function for call to ‘fill_solid(TProgmemRGBPalette16)’