In Memoriam: Anthony Bolgar, Maker Forums Founder

We grieve to announce that Anthony Bolgar (@funinthefalls), Maker Forums admin and founder, passed away on Saturday, 8 May 2021. He was a long-time friend and fellow maker to many here. He was generous beyond providing initial funding for Maker Forums; he shared his knowledge and passion for making with the community here, and welcomed all newcomers.

Without Anthony’s leadership and support, much of the knowledge of the Google Plus maker communities would have faded into oblivion with the demise of G+. Thanks to Anthony, that collected knowledge and wisdom informs and encourages makers old and young, new and experienced—a community cornerstone. Our friend and fellow maker @funinthefalls has left this legacy.

May he rest in peace.

It has come as such a shock to many of us who have known Anthony for many years though the maker community. He will be sorely missed. :cry:

1 Like

For those who haven’t yet taken this opportunity, please share memories of Anthony on his Memory Wall for his family.

4 Likes

He will be missed but his spirit, wisdom and voice will live on here.

4 Likes

Although I am a newcomer, I was sorry about this.

1 Like

So soon after the death of his own mother. How sad. He was a fantastic member of this community. He will definitely be missed.

1 Like

What happened? Did he catch COVID-19?

We do not know at this time. He had logged into the site just the day before his death so it was something very sudden.

Wow I am sorry to hear about his passing, he was a staple on the forums alongside many of us… he will be sorely missed.

2 Likes

I’m not a man of big words, especially not in english, but I’m shocked and very sad about Anthonys pass.
May he rest in peace.Thank you Anthony for all you have been and done for us!

4 Likes

Just read this, what a shock. I had a fair bit of contact with him. He was always full of encouragement and positive. Rest in peace my friend Anthony.

4 Likes

The root of ‘all good things must pass’ He was awfully young. :frowning:

1 Like