I'm using ChiliPeppr with a tinyg.

I’m using ChiliPeppr with a tinyg. I’m able to run gcode generated from Fusion360 just fine but when I try to run gcode for something simple that I just wrote out in a text file, here is what happens: The part is shown correctly in the workspace and gcode in the browser along the left. Simulate runs the program perfectly. Running the code on the machine (dry run) skips over significant parts of the program. The portions of the program that are run are consistently the same and when running the cycle the viewer reflects what the machine is doing. I think it’s a setting somewhere but I don’t know where.

Suggestion - Enter your simple part (the one you hand coded) into F360 and let it generate a gCode file, then compare the two files.
Be way I can suggest to see what other commands you need to add to your hand coding.
Simulate is just a graphics display, it does not do anything with velocity or other machine controls.

@cmcgrath5035 Thanks so much Carl, I’m not sure why I didn’t think of that and of course it worked. Not a setting, it was the first line of the program needed to be G0 G90 G94 G17, After that, the hand written programs are running perfectly. Not sure why they need to be contained in a G0 but the other codes make sense. Incidentally we are running a 24"X24" Mostly Printed CNC operated by a TinyG that my students built last school year and now are getting to run well. Cheers to you for your help.

Most of my gCode is generated by my 2D CAD system, QCAD. Looking at those files I don’t see G0 G90 G94 G17, rather I see just G90 then G94 thenG17 as three different lines of gCode. So you could likely drop the G0.
Keep in mind that until tinyG gets reset, the current state of the machine is where it is at startup plus any accumulated changes. A new gCode file only changes state when commands are sent, such as G90.
Many folks adopt a workflow that says first step is a tinyG reset, then all the default states are well known.
A command I don’t see here is units, G20 and G21. If you bounce back and forth between the two, be sure that you add a units directive to your manual gCode file.
This concept is also important when your students start to experiment with offset and coordinate spaces.

Most of the default settings here are viewable in the $$ command output.
Good luck!