I'm looking for Water Flow sensor and the pulse receiver electronics to go with

I’m looking for Water Flow sensor and the pulse receiver electronics to go with it to interrupt the laser beam… or?

Welkome to arduino

You could go that route or just wire a simple on/off flow sensor into the laser enable wire.

I’m going the Arduino path with one of these - http://www.ebay.com/itm/181562348669?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

So just ignore the signal wire and run it in series thru the disable switch… Makes sense. Thks. The only reason I was thinking of it was maybe being able to come up with pulses per liter info on a digital readout. It would be nice to have when comparing flow to cooling to ambient temp. to duty cycle.

@Steve_Clark this method has been working for me for some time.
Knowing the flow rate might be “cool” :).

I much prefer a rotating sensor like the one Steven refers to. I noted elsewhere a failure of the moving-flap type due to an obstruction that made it stick open.

@artag in my system setup if the temp gets too high it shuts down the laser independent of water flow sensor :).

@donkjr if u still on forum after 3 years, do u have temp probe right next to laser tube?