I'm looking for filament that is food safe and can withstand up to boiling

I’m looking for filament that is food safe and can withstand up to boiling temps in water. (I’m working on some sous vide helper parts.) Any suggestions? I’ve used PETG but it deforms at these temps.

Take a look at makergeeks raptor

You’re gonna want to be careful when printing parts to be around food, especially when exposed to water. 3D printing is inherently porous so while the material might be FDA approved, the micro cavities trap moisture and become a breeding ground for bacteria. In order to fully guarantee safety you need to coat the print in something food safe.

That being said @James_Whittington suggestion about Raptor PLA is a good one. You’ll need to heat treat it (bake it in the oven for 5-10min or so around 100 C (212 F)) but then it will withstand up to 125 C with no deformation.

@Adam_Steinmark it can also be boiled to aneal it.

Thanks for the input. I’m designing spacers that allow the water to circulate freely around the food, which is in sealed bags, so as long as it is food grade enough to not leach through the bags - should be fine. I’m not satisfied with the stainless racks that I see for sale, would like a more modular system. Opportunity! :slight_smile:

http://aguzate.org/tag/humboldt-park/