I'm in a bit of a chicken-and-egg situation (probably not uncommon in the Reprap

I’m in a bit of a chicken-and-egg situation (probably not uncommon in the Reprap world right? :slight_smile:

I’m working solving some tram issues (as I’ve mentioned before) and I’ve found the part I want to try, but due to my tram issues I can’t print it without warping :frowning:

I’m looking for someone to print one of these for me, sized to an MG Prusa and LM8 bearings. I like the 3-bearing design :slight_smile:

I can handle the spacers and such (as long as I keep things small the warping problem doesn’t kick in) but if I could solicit one of you to print me the larger part it would be greatly appreciated. :slight_smile:

Where are you located?

Beaver Dam, Wisconsin (about half-way between Madison and Milwaukee :slight_smile:

I could print the part for you but i am in the UK so shipping would be expensive!!

Thank-you for the offer @Daniel_Wood , but I agree sending it that far might be cost-prohibitive :slight_smile:

I’m going to try and hit-up some folks at (somewhat) nearby hackerspaces and see if I can get it made; otherwise I might try and cobble something together to get me there.

Spent most of last week trying to print a part to get my printer “stable” again. Had about 10 failures using half a roll of filament before I had it. It was not the solution to my problem, but at least I managed to pinpoint the error and was able to make one more set of parts. Today I had the new installed and finally everything is working again. Have to build another printer so at least one will be functioning when my upgrade designs or other stuff fail :slight_smile:

Wow small world, madisonian here. Would this fit on a solidoodle? (6inch cube workspace)

Hi @Reed_Arnold !

Looks like it will fit (largest dimension is 142.46mm). If you’re interested let me know and I’ll get you an STL that’s exactly what I need and you can let me know what I’ll owe you for the part :slight_smile:

BTW how do you like the Solidoodle?

@Tom_Oyvind_Hogstad I’m right there with you (needing a second printer); in fact what set me off on this mission was attempting to print parts for a second machine; that’s where I found out I had a significant tram problem (before that I hadn’t printed anything large enough to really showcase the issue :slight_smile:

@Jason_Gullickson alright neat that sounds like it should fit then so I could certainly give it a try. Feel free to email the stls or link to one on here. As far as monitary compensation just for the fillament itself is fine.

I went with the heated build platform version and it’s been pretty great. The two biggest issues I have are how the unit is all glued together and the time it takes the platform to heat for abs. Oh also the Y axis stepper could really use a tiny heatsink. (The extruder has one and a fan even, and the others are attached to the metal case) but it hasn’t let me down yet!

Hey @Reed_Arnold , I dropped-out for awhile but Im back now :slight_smile:

If your still up for it ill get you that stl, Im definitely excited to see if this puts my tram issues to bed once and for all (I have a secondary printer project that I really want to start, but I don’t want to start it off by printing bent parts :wink:

Thanks!