I'm having trouble getting proper info on popular LED screens addressing orders,

I’m having trouble getting proper info on popular LED screens addressing orders, can anyone tell me the orders for any store-bought screens they have? e.g. size 8x8, start bottom left corner, zigzag, or size 5x8, start top left, left to right order etc. The make/supplier is useful too. I’m gearing up to release some code and this will help me to a) make it more useful and b) test my mapping generator code. the info is probably useful elsewhere too! Cheers!

I have used 16x16 (serpentine), 12x12 (sequential rows/columns), 8x8 (serpentine), 8x8 (sequential rows/columns), 8x32 (serpentine), and 32x32 (sequential rows/columns).

Does this help?

it does indeed! or at least it’s a good start, seems like many panels can be oriented arbitrarily and don’t really have an ‘up’ so i guess i’m implementing some long overdue code to flip mappings then!

Mark put something like this in FastLED 3.1 examples. Watch out for XYMatrix.

@Thomas_Runge You have to check out @devicer 's YouTube channel. The force is strong with this one :wink:

watch Hmm, judging by the level of projects I must have misunderstood him. :slight_smile: