I'm doing some calibration of the printer and tried the thin wall print but

I’m doing some calibration of the printer and tried the thin wall print but I get some gaps when it changes the layer. Any ides on what’s wrong? I tried google but I guess I could not phrase a question to get an answer.

Are you doing any retraction or anti-ooze? It might be a bit too aggressive.

Ok, i’ll check that. I use the settings provided with the printer so I don’t know all the details yet.

Bowden? If so, it’s possible you might need to "additional filament in Slic3r assuming that’s what you use to slice. If Cura, I have used it so can’t help.

Bowden yes. I use Skeinforge which came with a profile for the printer. I’ve tried Slic3r but starting with nothing I could not get good results. I think I will tweak Skeinforge until I understand more what everything does. I’ll look in to the additional filament thing. Thanks!

Change the retraction value from 3.2 to 2 closed the gap. Got some irregularities but it looks much better.

slic3r’s configuration wizard makes it pretty easy to get started. i switched because skeinforge took longer to slice than the model did to print most times. slic3r is orders of magnitude faster.

@Chapman_Baetzel Pypy will change your life