Illustrator SVG save settings to import to K40 Whisperer

Hello all,

I am just getting into working with my new K40 and K40 Whisperer. I have a lot of experience with Illustrator and would prefer keeping that as my main design software. Currently I cannot get a save SVG from illustrator to open properly in K40 Whisperer. (i.e show up with red for vector cuts…etc) I am aware that the document color needs to be RGB and a vector cut needs to be set to #FF0000 and engrave needs to be #0000FF.

Thanks for the help!

@Capt_Duff You’ll want to attach an example SVG here rather than expecting @Tatarize to have it installed and duplicate your workflow from this brief description… Use the Upload button in the message compose window. (The button with an arrow pointing up in it that says “Upload” when you hover over it.)

1 Like

You also need to make sure you set your PPI to 76 or whatever Illustrator has so that your physical sizes will match actual physical sizes. K40 Whisperer depends pretty heavily on inkscape and inkscape typically treats 96 as that value so you often run into people with things suddenly being 25% larger than they should be.

I guess you could run MeerK40t as a troubleshoot there, but it’s likely that you set your fill color to red rather than your stroke color or any of the other little things you can get annoyingly wrong.

I realized I had @-mentioned the wrong person in my morning haze just after I started driving and couldn’t edit. @Scorch of course and please accept my apologies!

Upload a simple test file with, say, a 100x100mm rectangle with a red (#ff0000) stroke and one with a blue (#0000ff) stroke or some small example which illustrates the problem and we can take a look.

Illustrator has some drawing tool which lets you draw “lines” with varying thickness. You get some control path which you can manipulate and it got associated stroke width data. From the editing perspective it kinda looks like a path, but what’s actually rendered and exported is a shape.

“Lines” like this won’t work for vector cutting/engraving since they are actually filled shapes.