If you had to recommend a 3D printer to a company for making cases

If you had to recommend a 3D printer to a company for making cases that measure roughly 4x4x3", which would you recommend?

Price range? Materials? As long as we don’t know those, i’ll have to recommend an EOSINT P 800, as that probably makes the best 4x4x3" plastic cases.

yes the question is way to open. today there are no real “appliance” type 3d printers yet so you will need someone on staff that is capable of the normal care, feeding and adjustments required. to that end the “owner/operator” could pick their favorite. I personally like the PrintRBot line but that’s where i started so i am biased toward their designs. and they are very cost effective.

Also, what is the requirement? High quality for display prototypes or design mock-ups? You might want to find a local printer shop which would guarantee turnaround instead.

Yes if finish and speed are a major concern, as well as overall simplicity you may want to look at a more commercially available option. they are very pricey but normally work on a support contract basis. your overall costs will go up all around but if this is a centerpiece of your business you will need that type of hard SLA from a commercially available product