Identify psu and p w pins

Thanks for looking hn.

Thinking that a new more standard PSU is required and then work from there.

I realize now why I was confused.
I thought the picture … https://forum.makerforums.info/uploads/default/original/3X/d/9/d94fd0b0805c7ce060736cbdb4b33280258123ad.jpeg

…was trying to suggest there were no connections to P on the supply and I did not recognize that connector as a LPS connector. I now notice that that was a picture of the digital control panel doh! I am relooking at the problem.

Please don’t panic don. I am just relieved to have somewhere to come for help.
Btw. I have built a manual table lifter. I will take pics this week and put it up on the forum.

1 Like

With the digital control panel, the laser enable is created by making the IN 0v (actually 0 PWM). D (or what normally would be P) is shorted out because the laser enable is accomplished at the digital panel.

@motoxy you should still be able to control the LPS enable by opening up the D+,D- connection ( I suspect its shorted) and add interlock switches in series with D+, D-. There is no need to connect anything to the digital panel.

In this setup, the control panel “Laser Switch” would disable the laser by setting it to zero power and the interlock switch would disable the laser by opening the connection between D+ and D-.

I don’t see that the following was accomplished as suggested above, did I miss it?

• Check that D+ & D- are shorted {if not come back here for more help}
  • Remove the short which will require the LPS’s PCB to be disassembled. Not that tough, the biggest challenge is disconnecting/connecting the transistors from the case. Make sure the supply is disconnected!
  • On the LPS add a connector to D+, D- , alternately solder in a pigtail
  • Reassemble the LPS
  • Add interlocks and water flow sensor switch in series with these D+ and D- connections
3 Likes

No Don you did not miss it I did.:frowning: So now I have done it and thanks to you I now have my interlock.

A bit ott but it was left over from my CNC build 6 years ago.

Thank you so much Don your a star. I have got myself an ammeter now so going to add that with a multi turn pot. Still waiting for the pot to arrive.

4 Likes

just did a live test everything kept running only the laser stopped firing when i lifted the cover. Once again thanks don. Exactly what i wanted

2 Likes

any time…glad it all works as expected!