I would like to retract my previous statement regarding "no problems" I was in

1. What I did was make sure all my posts are in mm for chilipeppr… 2)Also I used thermal paste and glued some large pieces of aluminium to both the top and bottom of the boards. That helped with the temps. Because heat sinking just the back side wasn’t doing the job…
  2. I used a multimeter and set the current at around 2 amps for the motors. I’m running nema 23 and they are capable of drawing 2.8 amps so I can run those drivers on the board at 100% and never max out the motor. This means I can’t use the normal tuning procedures listed in the wiki for the tiny g V8
  3. made sure to run the (G1 macro) in the chilipeppr interface…
  4. I am running parts that were taking 8+ hours so now break up the tool path into more manageable sizes around 2 hours at a time. Then load the next portion.

I am still getting smaller holes that aren’t perfect, but the other problems do seem to have subsided… I still personally believe there is a problem in the post processor from fusion360 to the tiny g v8, but I don’t have the time or knowledge to debug it…
I am sorry I can’t be more helpful, but if your motors are doing what mine did try dialing up the current and or slowing the feed down a bit…
What motors are you running? If they are bigger like mine it’s likely you just can’t drive them hard enough to keep them from loosing steps.then it goes crazy…
I blew up 3 drivers on 2 boards before I figured out how to go about tuning my setup the best I could…

So let me know what spec motors you have as far as current and I could possibly better advise you…

@Alex_Krause yeah I run the macro to convert to G1…

I am not knowledgeable about G1, G2-3 code but will research it tonight.

I’m running 2.8A NEMA23’s, 8 wire in bi-polar parrallel

As far as the stepper current and heat sinking, I will try the same current tuning and heat sinking setup as well.

Running parts in mm just seems like a good idea as well, I had troubles with machine direction when relying on polarity reversal in the motor settings. So many troubles that I just switched the wiring and ran default polarity. ChiliPeppr/Tinyg just seems to like certain defaults.

I would confirm the Fusion360 suspicions. More trouble with Fusion post processing than with Easel

Thanks for the feedback

@Bryan_Freed if you go to your chilipeppr work space. In the upper left hand corner you will see a button called “macro” click it and a menu will open up. There will be 5 tabs in the upper right corner of this new work area… Click the 4th one http://over.is will have a drop down menu with many options. Select the on that says “Get G1 Representation of G2/G3’s from the 3d Viewer Object” then Click run after you have loaded the gcode into chilipeppr… That’s it…

Tuning those high current motors is another thing all together. Easiest way I found was to run a simple program. The in the middle of the move click “feedhold” that will make the driver be a max current based on your trim setting in an attempt to hold posistion on both axes… From that point just have your meter setup and rest either coil… they should be the same as long as your motors are good…

Side note: setup the meter and coil wiring before you begin. Don’t disconnect the coil and then test it while it’s energized. You could damage the board with the arc that will occur!!