I was unable to locate the .stl files for the scanner parts,

I was unable to locate the .stl files for the scanner parts, as a result I created an adapter to mate the piclop scanner to the ares. it uses the original camera and lasers that came with the ares 4 in 1.

This seems like a more elegant solution than the original design and is available on thingiverse…

Thanks, @James_Wildman ! So this is to be assembled with http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:754003? Maybe you can add a snapshot of the final assembly.

Sorry I still couldn’t find a suitable place to upload files so I temporarily put some more files in Google Drive: Sign-in again. (As this is not my design, it would be awkward to put on Thingiverse.) I tried my best to recollect the source of files in “Description”, but the two part rotated A files are still unclear. One of them was a rotation performed by myself, and may have some bad artifact because I was very inexperienced. Another was posted by another Ares user. Easy Arts later posted a rotated model in that thread, but I didn’t download.

Yes, with only one of the MotorTubes, the body of the printer and the adapter make up the remainder of the distance. I believe I measured 10’ from the camera to 0,0 on the turntable of the ares. but found 10.5 gave better results in the freelss configuration. I uploaded a Pic of it attached to my printer last evening.

the c170 webcam in that picture is not part of this assembly, just a good location for it.

10 inches " not feet ’ Sorry.