I was looking to implement a websockets/ESP8266 connection for LaserWeb4 and noticed the ESP8266

I was looking to implement a websockets/ESP8266 connection for LaserWeb4 and noticed the ESP8266 bridge is deprecated - what’s the approved way of doing it nowadays?

I could use jeelabs/esp-link if the old bridge is no longer applicable.

ESP8266 can do the job but you need a custom firmware. Sadly LW is not in the hardware business.

You will get an ESP32 for less than a happy meal, maybe is better chance https://es.aliexpress.com/item/ESP-32-ESP-32S-Development-Board-WiFi-Bluetooth-Ultra-Low-Power-Consumption-Dual-Cores-ESP32-Board/32801062068.html

If you do it, it would be great a tutorial!

@Mike_Thornbury What exactly do you try to do? Connecting a machine via WLAN or using the ESP8266 to connect the server as a client to jog/pause/resume?

Dealt with this a while ago, found streaming over wifi to ESP to be extremely unreliable.

I’ve found it to be fine with my TinyG and my Smoothieboard - but I have a lot of experience in wireless comms and my wifi is probably better than the POS the internet supplier gives you :slight_smile:

That usually goes straight back in the box and I use my own hardware.

@Jorge_Robles I can only surmise you misunderstood my question.

Probably… I understood that you want to control your machine remotely slapping an ESP8266 to do the serial bridge between LW and your machine board. If it’s not what you intended to ask, please reformulate :slight_smile:

Nah, I really cant be arsed.