I was looking for a poll on this in this group and could not

I was looking for a poll on this in this group and could not find one. So here it is. I am wondering what slicers people are using. and if “other” please let us know in the comments (G+ only lets me give 5 choices)

And MatterControl

I currently use Slicer but wasn’t aware there was a Slicer Prusa edition. What are some of its benefits?

Cura beta has some interesting features.

@Daniel_Kruger What are your favorite new features?

Flashprint

@marmil I think the easiest way to answer that is to just post this link…
http://www.prusaprinters.org/introducing-slic3r-prusa-edition/

@Peter_Bell ​​​, you use both Slic3r PE and MatterControl. What is your standard work flow? I Just started using MatterControl and am pretty impressed with it for control of my prints,but am not sure how it stacks up as a slicer yet.

I use regular Slic3r, the Prusa version, Cura 2.4 and Kisslicer. Once in a while I even use Skeinforge

@Johnny_Spangler I was using Matter Control most of the time without much problem until I discovered the Slic3r Prusa edition. I liked PE’s cubic infill, “Mods” and the graphical layer height control (once I got used to it). The one thing I wish Slic3r had was an estimation of how long the print will be… 1 hour? 2? 5?
So lately I’ve only been using MatterControl to load the gcode off of Slic3r PE, for better visualization and time estimation.
As far as slicers in MatterControl go; if you look in the settings (under “Options”), you’ll see you have a choice of slicers; Slic3r, Cura, or MatterControl. (The Slic3r is from the standard edition.)
So they’ve created a way to use their GUI with the other’s guy’s slicer library.

@Johnny_Spangler I like the new infill and saving print settings for each filament.

Mattercontrol

Mostly using Simplify3D because I paid for it. Otherwise I would still be using either Slic3r or the new Prusa edition.

In my mind, the biggest advantage to using Simplify3D is the support generation and I prefer not to print things with supports.

I wonder how many of the Simplify3D users are in the same boat. They are using it because they paid for it. I know I would do exactly the same thing all things being equal.