I wanted to mention some of the changes i made to the RingRap_openscad_remix projects

I wanted to mention some of the changes i made to the RingRap_openscad_remix projects in the last couple of days.

1:Gantry was added, this is the most obvious change.

2:I have written a batch file that will build all of the STLs as single files, this means you can now render what the thing will look like in open scad, then execute 1 script and make all STLs without any interaction.

3: #2 means that i am not exporting stls in a tightly packed cluster anymore, so you will want to use a software to pack these when printing on larger printers. i was thinking this would be a good option GitHub - RobotsWar/Plater: 3D-printer plate generator

4: i am working on some of the mechanical movement structures in the near future i am thinking that things like electronics mounts, gantry movements, motor mounts, wire management clips. and others will be modeled soon. so if you have yours working please let me know what you think i should do/not do to make this model most useful.

So we know where we are, there are 16 STLs, for a total of 19 printed parts currently, I think the finished product will have 25-30 printed parts.Things that are done base corners (4x), base pillars (2x), gantry corners (4x), cross carriage(1x), sliders for gantry (1stl 4x), gantry pillar bushings (2x). I have not started, motor brackets, top mounts, wall mounts.

BOM at the moment would be
printed parts,
3 bike rims,
6 linear rods
6 linear bearings
7 steppers
2 screws for z axis
2 z rod couplers
2 z rod bushings (i guess you could set the bussing id =od and not have bushings)
screws (depends upon your rim)
4 bed springs,
general reprap electronics and hotend.