I want to make a few trailcameras for my dad

So I decided to try and make a few trail cams for my fathers hunting camp. I’m thinking i will need it to be LRAN but I am unsure the distances of mesh or long range wifi primarily I need to decide what platform to start with. when finished there will be aprox 3 cameras on three different sites. I want him to be able to access from the computer and possibly Ill write an android app as well. Figured he would love it and it would be a nice gift for all the support he has given me over the years. I have just been tinkering with Arduino and Pi and I am open to any and all suggestions and criticisms. As of now I am just trying to get started. Any advice or guidance is appreciated. (links to similiar projects, hardware people have liked or hated) Thanks

Why reinvent the wheel. Put a battery pack on some cheap IP cameras, and stream to the computer. You can buy IP cameras with night vision for around $20 a piece.

1 Like

Kind of what I was thinking I will need them to take stills and send back… perhaps a motion detector… been scowering marketplace for an old trail cam to dissect. think the distance to stream would be no greater then 1/2 mile. Come to think of it I think i still have the cameras from my old business’s security system