I want to contribute to this awesome project,

I want to contribute to this awesome project, but the low level skills required for code contribution are a bit beyond my current skill set.

So I was thinking that I could help with documentation. There isn’t really a good API reference for everything the library does, or how exactly each function works. You have to go hunting for the kind of thing you want to do and hope you find references in discussions here on G+ or on the Github wiki, or you go digging through the header files and hope that you understand what the function you just found actually does and how to use it. A well organized API reference would be a big help to newcomers to this library.

But before I try to flail around, I have a few questions.

1. Does this exist somewhere already?
  2. Manually curated wiki, or auto generated from code comments?

Given that this is not your typical C library, with assembly in the header files for example, I’m not 100% sure auto generated will work well, but it’s worth a shot. I’m afraid manual curation will get out of date quickly.

I myself am new around here, so if there anything important I’m missing, please let me know!

I am currently in the middle of a project to doxygen the entire library (it will be part of the 3.1 release), including not just API documentation but also broken down examples (beyond what’s already on the wiki) as well as details/information on internals and techniques.

Well then, awesome. Things have changing fast around here lately!

And thank you for raising your hand and offering to help! Just wanted to acknowledge that even if we don’t have a channel for that just yet.

For now I’ll just have to settle for telling all my friends about FastLED with enthusiastic exuberance :slight_smile: