I uploaded a full written instructable for my bluetooth speaker with reactive LED matrix

I uploaded a full written instructable for my bluetooth speaker with reactive LED matrix (powered by FastLED, of course).

The instructable includes links to the code, details on the electronics, etc., which weren’t in the YouTube build video.

Thanks for sharing the technical details. That’s what this stuff is all about.

Thank You! Carefully bookmarked this :slight_smile:

@Andrew_Tuline Of course! You’ll probably find that most of the electronics are nothing new…just presented in a prettier package :slight_smile: The code is all derived from work by you, Cine-lights, and others, plus FastLED demos.

I added a few new twists that I think are kinda cool…I overlaid VU meter-esque patterns with other patterns (I really like the “outside-in” VU meter combined with the DJ booth “center burst” pattern, which is shown in the video). I also added some randomization to the size and sensitivity for the ripple effect, which I think gives it some cool dynamics.

AWESOME! if i get the chance i should totally make one. Thanx for sharing man! :slight_smile:

I will definitely be making one of these. Thank you for sharing and writing up a tutorial.