I thought that the GT-2 transmitter/receiver I bought from Hobby King had given up

I thought that the GT-2 transmitter/receiver I bought from Hobby King had given up but as it turns out the servo must have been hit pretty bad during one of many crashes. It’s busted.
Maybe It’s time to start thinking of a servo saver again… :wink:

Yes, a servo saver is recommended if it the steering is not flexible. Perhaps the steering could be redesigned to help.
You can usually order a replacement gear set for servos but I recommend servos with metal gears.

When the servos are getting just as broken/torn up as the 3D printed parts…that’s amazing.

That looks like a metal gear servo. What is the model number?

Oh, zooming into the pic I see it is BMS-620MG. Probably one of the internal gears is plastic and it lost a tooth.

The weird thing is that as far as I can tell the mechanics are all good. The problem is that for about five seconds everything is working, then it stops responding and finally it just starts to move around on it’s own…
As I said I just assumed the cheap transmitter/receiver was broke and actually ordered a new one. But for some reason I just decided to try another servo and it now works flawlessly…