I shared this with the Chilipeppr community and thought perhaps other cnc'er would like

I shared this with the Chilipeppr community and thought perhaps other cnc’er would like to know about my project.

Originally shared by Riley Porter (ril3y)

Here’s an update on my XHC wireless CNC Pendant working with TinyG and Chilipeppr! I have it communicating with SPJS and moving around a bit. Its all written in NodeJS and available here:

The Display is not currently working. I pretty confident that it will be pretty trivial to get it going. I just focused on sending data to SPJS and TinyG this weekend vs receiving data.

Right now the jog motion is less than ideal. Its a single click per move. I need to work out an velocity algorithm but have not yet :slight_smile:

Re: jogs. I am fairly the jog wheels that I have seen used always move one point per click with the ability to select which precision you are attempting to move. I believe it was usually .1, .01, and .001.

That is what the ui shows on the pendant. Perhaps this is by design. I still need to bake in dynamic speeds. Thx

Nice. Where did you get the wheel

It was eBay. I made a bit more progress last night. I can set the x dro for work coordinates. And set the feed rate. It is more difficult than I thought. There is a lot of presetup commands before writing the values. I think its something like write to this axis on this spot then the value.

Has there been any more progress with this? I’m looking at my xhc jog wheel and thinking I should be using it but have no idea how. :frowning: