I recently started printing a lot with ABS.

I recently started printing a lot with ABS. My bed temp is 110C and I have burnt 3 connectors. I am using 14 gauge wire. I have tried tightening all connections prior to starting the print and the prints usually runs about 10hrs. My unit sits in a closed container which runs about 103deg during printing.

How or can I hook up and external Mosfet to this board. I am currently using P2.5 for the Heated Bed and P2.7 for the Hot head.

Or

Should I hook the heated bed to P1.23 with a separate power supply.

My Hot head shows no signs of ware and it is set at 215C

any thoughts

Tim

Same connectors the heated bed uses now, just run the power directly to the mosfet.

You shouldn’t be burning connectors, there’s a problem to solve there first. What is the current rating of the bed ? What do you have connected to each/all of the mosfet, and what is the current rating for each ( don’t omit any ) ?

Also what runs at 103degs ? Are you saying the Smoothieboard is in a 103deg environment ? If so, that’s your problem, if not what temp does the Smoothieboard run in ?

You left one crucial thing out… What voltage are you running?
Running it on 12v with >120w bed is begging for problems in hot environment…

There’s same issue with geeetech g2/s delta printer… And can be traced true gt2560 board revisions. Instead of paring it with 24v supply.

Enclosure is 103 degrees F or C? Either way I hope your electronics aren’t in that.