I owned a ToM a few months ago.

I owned a ToM a few months ago. After getting a Bukobot using Repetier-Host, I am shocked how little trouble I had achieving .1mm chainmail. Although this is my first attempt (which can be improved upon, trust me), I think it’s great!

I’ve been trying fabrics too, it is tricky to get nice and flexible and to hold itself together. Looks like you are doing well. My attempt at chain-mail was not too successful, mainly because I was printing each link around 4mm square, and that was too small.

I will be trying again, after the Xmas bauble printing is over.

I really like Repetier-Host – used it for testing the BukoBot at the Make: Ultimate Guide to 3D Printing. We didn’t get that much time with the machines, but I was incredibly impressed with the that bot and will be putting one together. Will be watching for tips from that community.

Ben,
Did you print it linked or did you print the links separately and join them post printing?
Also, is that a model you can share with me? My wife LOVES chain mail.

This was a single print, you can find the fabric test under the Clutch submission on thingiverse: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:31234