I need some help from a Marlin guru:

I need some help from a Marlin guru:

I connected the Makerbase TFT to the PrintrBoard F5. Due to some restrictions I cannot access the PrintrBoard via USB (see [1] and [2]). So I connect over wifi to the Makerbase TFT and get this:

Connecting…
Printer is now online.

M105
SENDING:M105
T:23 /0 B:0 /0 T0:23 /0 T1:0 /0 @:0 B@:0

OK, thats fine. But when I call “M501” I get:

Connecting…
Printer is now online.

M501
SENDING:M501

That’s all. Even a “M500” gives no response! :frowning: But I need to know the actual z offset. Btw I can move the printer and homing works too. I also tried “M503” but the result was the same…

Any idea how I can get those listing and values?

[1] Google Workspace Updates: New community features for Google Chat and an update on Currents
[2] PiLassen Changes · j-laird/Marlin@3386410 · GitHub

If you can send commands then the issue is something is filtering out responses. Some software filters out all responses. I suspect that the makerbase tft is doing it.

You can always use something like this and control the printer via a computer over usb in place of the lcd on tx/rx until you get your offset configured. Then once done reconnect the mks tft back to tx/rx for normal operation.

USB to 3.3V TTL 5v VCC UART Serial Cable FTDI Chip Terminated 4 Way Header
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FXT9YZ5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_9iRIBbXV2XYFD

@Eclsnowman Yes, that’s what I already planned to do. :slight_smile:

USB2TTL works. :slight_smile: Thanks for your help @Eclsnowman missing/deleted image from Google+

“Printer ist Now online.” Finally :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:missing/deleted image from Google+

Great to hear you got things working.