I need desperate help with Marlin firmware! I have downloaded the latest release but

I need desperate help with Marlin firmware!
I have downloaded the latest release but when compiling in arduino ide i get all sorts of errors from “lcd_contrast not declared” to “delta” errors and much more.

The former firmware i downloaded worked fine some files got saved with wrong settings so I wanted a fresh firmware. But now i can’t compile it…

Anyone knows what is going on?

Did you transfer your configuration.h settings to the new firmware? Depending on where you downloaded it, the config file was likely setup for a different printer.

@John-Paul_Hopman no. I used the config file that came with the new firmware. I also tried on different pc’s and different versions of arduino ide. All the same errors…

You might need a very specific version of arduino. I had to use 1.0.0 for compiling marlin on one of my printers, and 1.0.5 for the other, which uses a different controller.

@Chapman_Baetzel aha! I see. I will try them all then. I’ll let you know…

Open an issue on Marlin’s firmware github. What branch did you pull from btw?

I have no idea what branche i downloaded from. Just the first that popped up on the github page…

I tried all versions (arduino ide) but none of then worked.
I tried to upload my older firmware and that worked. Though that one has some other issues…

So the default branch is what they use as a development branch and is not considered stable.

@Justin_Nesselrotte The default download on the MarlinFirmware/Marlin Github page is the Release branch (version 1.0.2). The cutting-edge development version is at MarlinFirmware/MarlinDev.

@Mano_Biletsky_Open_M If you started with a clean Release version 1.0.2 and carefully modified the Configuration.h and Configuration_adv.h files with your machine’s settings (didn’t just drop in your old configuration files) and you’re still getting errors, definitely submit an issue to the Issue Queue at https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin/issues

Thanks for your help. I think i figured the branche thing out. I still have to download it later today and test it though.

@Mano_Biletsky_Open_M Branches are the shiz!