I just received the the 1800mm Makerslides and additional motor kit so I can

I just received the the 1800mm Makerslides and additional motor kit so I can make my Shapeoko a tad bit bigger than the original plans. I’m thinking 36" x 36".

Anybody got any advice or tips about the upgrade?

I don’t know a lot about upgrades, but you’ll definitely want to take into account dual Y-axis motors, and probably NEMA23’s rather than 17’s.

Thanks, for the advice. I did pickup a second drive for the dual Y-axis motor, but didn’t think about upgrading to NEMA23 Stepper Motors.

I wish I had the room for a machine that large. Please post pictures of your progress.

I will, Right now I’m planning on making it 900mm x 900mm which is basically those cut in half. Hopefully this I’ll get it built out weekend.

I’m about to order a couple of new hardcoat anodized makerslides at 750mm and a couple at 1000mm from Makerslide Europe. Planning to double the X-axis, but haven’t found any good plans and parts lists yet. ACME screw is in the mail :wink:

I’ll be interested in how the ACME Screw works for you. Several folks have talked to me about switching out the belt drive for a screw drive. I’m not knowledgeable enough to know what the benefits of each are.