I just finished my Daft Punk Thomas helmet build. The helmet is 3D printed.

I just finished my Daft Punk Thomas helmet build. The helmet is 3D printed. The LEDs are WS8211D with 2 Neopixel rings for the ear lights. It is running @Jason_Coon 's Web server code on the 7x55 matrix (8x55 to run the ear lights) running off of a WeMos D1 Mini attached to Jason’s LED board.

I really wanted to add text to his code using @Aaron_Liddiment 's LED matrix code, but I am not smart enough to get that to work with my matrix and have Jason’s code work as well. I also tried using text and animations I created in Maximum Octopus’s LEDMatrixStudio, but I cannot figure out how to add it to Jason’s code so that they display. I tried and failed. I like what it does so far and it is still really cool. It will do for Halloween.

I would like to someday for it to run text and animations in addition to what it already does. I have a version of this helmet already printed for heads larger than my tiny one. It still needs a lot of work, but I am willing to trade it for coding to get text and/or animations going so they can be changed via Jason’s web server code.
https://youtu.be/n1q76Bbiq3w

That looks brilliant! Challenge accepted, I’ll try to get scrolling text and animated GIF support added to a branch/fork. :slight_smile:

Nice and clean good work!

That’s really cool, I assume you can see out through the rows of LEDs?

No. I have no forward vision through the visor lens. I see out of a set of vents located on the lower part of the visor.