I haven't use my CNC for a while and after switching it on today

gplus
(Sebastian) #1

I haven’t use my CNC for a while and after switching it on today I found there is something wrong with homing feature. Homing Z and X axis works as expected, but Y homing moves Y axis to the opposite direction and there is no reaction to limit switch hit (manual hit I mean, as axis moves out from the switch). Moving all X, Y and Z with G0 commands works fine and directions are correct for each axis. Only Y homing is the issue.

To make sure that problem does not come from the machine:
a. I checked all wiring - no problems here
b. I reconnected TinyG from rPi, where my Serial Port JSON server is running to a PC and quickly installed cnc.js Win64 precompiled binaries - homing works perfectly here.

My conclusion is that the widget causes the problem. Were there any commits recently to the tinyG workspace which could affect the axis widget?

(JOHN LAUER) #2

No changes have been made recently.

One idea: this feels like what I have seen in the past with TinyG which is that after an initial config on TinyG, the CNC controller would go in the reverse direction on a certain axis until you hit reset. Then it would work normally. Not sure if that got fixed in later firmwares.

The other thing, if you think it’s a widget, is to just look at what’s in the serial port console and see if the commands are correct.

(Sebastian) #3

Thx John, I will check if Reset helps next time I see this behavior. I could not play with this when it happened, as I had to make a small job for my little princess first.

My advice from this lesson: it is worth to manually check homing by moving spindle to safe area and height and home axis one by one hitting limit switches by hand.