I have to say, having worked as a software developer for almost eleven years,

I have to say, having worked as a software developer for almost eleven years, it’s seldom that I get impressed by software - but Chilipeppr just blows me away! Truly an incredibly piece of work!

@jlauer is a wizard when it comes to making user interface! Mixing the 3D and the widgets like that is a joy to see.

Thank you!

Could not agree more.

Wow. blush Thanks! Frode, since you are a software developer, want to contribute some new widgets for all of us?

John, I’m just getting started in the world of CNC. I’ve got my TinyG hooked up, and can control the three Nema23’s that are sitting on my desk. The rest of my machine is still under development (https://github.com/Scalpel78/CNC-Machine). As soon as I get it all assembled I’ll start looking into the Widgets as well. Maybe I’ll see a need for something that Chilipeppr doesn’t have allready.

We could use a mechanism that allows a user to pick which machine they’re using and setup the size of the machine. Then we could render the machine as a ghost image into the 3D viewer. It would be nice to have the ghosted machine move around as the XYZ coordinates come back from the CNC controller. We could then also use the extents of the machine to warn that your Gcode is beyond your machine’s work area. Could be super cool.

Sounds like a cool feature :slight_smile: I don’t think I’m the man to make that functionality though.

We should put up a hit list of features that we need / want. Where should we host this at @jlauer

It looks nice indeed. We should write a driver for our Roland Modela at Bitraf!