I have followed the wiki on how to set up the BLTouch but I

Ok G28 works
G1 Z20 works
G1 X100 Y100 works but th extruder only moves maybe 40-50mm to the corner of the bed.

G32 when it’s centered on the bed following your steps it homes hits the z min endstop raises up then comes down and crushes the http://endstop.It does that from any position whenever G32 is issued it crushes the endstop.What I don’t understand is if it hits it the first time and stops why doesn’t it stop the second time?I also checked and made sure the endstops were being recognized as on or off with M119 and they are being read correctly.

Arthur what would cause the board to recognize the endstop and stop the motors from moving when it is triggered and then ignore it?The G1 x100 Y100 command is supposed to center the extruder and it is only moving to the front left corner of the bed so I am guessing the bed dimensions are set up wrong somewhere in my config .I will post the latest config so maybe you can see something that I can’t.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ys9lf9klg7tds5w/currentconfig4steps.txt?dl=0

You want to use M114 to detect where it thinks it is after homing, it’s possible you need to adjust your homing offsets to make sure the board has an internal vision of it’s position that makes sense.

Ok Arthur I have gotten a little further figuring out my problem.When I issue the g28 then g1 x110 y110 command the extruder sort of centers on the bed and then I drop the probe and issue the g32 the extruder starts to lower but the problem now is that the bed homes to the endstop so the BLTouch never hits the bed.What would cause the bed to home after issuing the g32?I set the homing line to false in the leveling strategy.

Does the homing order section need to be active in the config?I have it commented out.Here is how it is set in my config

#homing_order XYZ # X axis followed by Y then Z last
#move_to_origin_after_home false # Move XY to 0,0 after homing
#endstop_debounce_count 100 # Uncomment if you get noise on your endstops, default is 100
#endstop_debounce_ms 1 # Uncomment if you get noise on your endstops, default is 1 millisecond debounce
#home_z_first true # Uncomment and set to true to home the Z first, otherwise Z homes after XY

That’s an option in your levelling strategy, just disable it.

This is my leveling strategy and I have the homing line set to false is there another part that needs to be modified?Here is my leveling section of the config

'# Levelling strategy
Example for 3-point levelling strategy, see wiki documentation for other strategies
leveling-strategy.three-point-leveling.enable true # a leveling strategy that probes three points to define a plane and keeps the Z parallel to that plane
leveling-strategy.three-point-leveling.point1 100.0,0.0 # the first probe point (x,y) optional may be defined with M557
leveling-strategy.three-point-leveling.point2 200.0,200.0 # the second probe point (x,y)
leveling-strategy.three-point-leveling.point3 0.0,200.0 # the third probe point (x,y)
leveling-strategy.three-point-leveling.home_first false # home the XY axis before probing
leveling-strategy.three-point-leveling.tolerance 0.03 # the probe tolerance in mm, anything less that this will be ignored, default is 0.03mm
leveling-strategy.three-point-leveling.probe_offsets 0,0,0 # the probe offsets from nozzle, must be x,y,z, default is no offset
leveling-strategy.three-point-leveling.save_plane false # set to true to allow the bed plane to be saved with M500 default is false

if you set home_first to false, it shouldn’t home. try formatting your SD card and starting from a fresh config file off the wiki

I’ll try that but the weird thing is the only axis that homes is the bed the other two do not move.

and G28 homes all axes ? then it’s not homing …

why are you saying it is homing, does pressing the min endstop by hand at
that time stop the movement ?

i have not tried manually stopping it but g28 works just fine and all of the endstops are working when i check with M119

I need to know if it’s actually homing when you ask it to level, or if it’s
doing something else which you mistake for homing. So when you think it is
homing, you need to press the endstop to see if it is actually homing or
not.

It stops when I manually press the endstop after issuing the g32 command

so it’s homing at the beginning of G32, despite you specifying in the config that you don’t want it to ? I recommend you format the SD card, and start configuration from scratch using the config file on the wiki.

I just did that with this card.I have 4 or 5 cards here and they are all doing the same thing.The cards are Sandisks and they are authentic.I am currently using the config file and firmware bin supplied by Smoothie on their Github page and I also tried the config from the Smoothie site also.I can email you the config or link to it on here if you wouldn’t mind taking a look at it.

email it to wolf.arthur@gmail.com

Arthur the email isn’t working with Gmail are you having any problems on your end?

Just in case I can’t get th email to work.Here is a link to the config on my Dropbox
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mtgtz2xayp7iagk/config%20original.txt?dl=0

Hey Arthur did you ever get that email?No rush I just want to make sre you actually received it.

So to recap, you have a zprobe on 1.28, and a levelling strategy set to three-point on a cartesian. When you ask it to do levelling with G32, it starts homing the Z ( which I don’t think three-point does even if it has homing_first to true ) even though you set homing_first to false. You know that it’s homing and not probing because if you press the zmin endstop ( on 1.29 ) it stops.
Do I have that right ?

@Wolfmanjm I’m a bit lost here it’s been 50 messages and I’m out of things to think of.

it will not home Z in three point when you do G32. as it will do G28 X0 Y0 if it is told to home first. So this is NOT a homing issue.