Trying to get the Manga Screen 2 to work with Android Things

I have been trying to get the Manga Screen 2 to work with an installation of Android Things on Raspberry Pi 3, and I am unable to do it. Has any one tried to do it and had any luck?

The screen works for me in that it will show the Android Things interface, but it is not rotated correctly and it repeats the screen three times. Unfortunately, I don’t think I have the ability to edit the configuration like stated for a regular Raspberry Pi 3.

Any thoughts?

I think the config.txt file is always present, regardless of what OS you have installed. It’s read by the firmware. Did you check if you have a boot partition with a config.txt file on it?

I have this same issue :frowning:

I’m having the same issue but the umikaze 2.2.1 rc3.
Even after adding this command to the uEnv.txt file cmdline
video=HDMI-A-1:1088x1980@60e
what are other people using to get the resolution to show up correctly?
if i plug the screen into my laptop it displays correctly and has the correct rotation automatically. so i assume the EDID is correct.

@killlisch on Umikaze 2.2.1 RC3 I think you don’t need the video= line in the uEnv - to rotate it (it should normally display in portrait mode), you may want to change this parameter in the cmdline though:
fbcon=rotate:1 - iirc 1 is 90 degrees clock-wise, 2 is 180, 3 is 270, 0 is the default portrait.

Note that you’ll want to match the rotation setting in your Toggle config later if that’s your use-case.

2 Likes

The rotation i’m happy with. but i’m getting 3 different displays across the screen. doesn’t seem to matter what resolution i try to force.

I did wonder if the manga 2 screen should just work “out of the box” because it’s all part of the same system.

I’m missing some steps for setting this up correctly, but not sure what.

So on a Beaglebone running Umikaze it really should be plug & play.

I think this may be some kind of firmware malfunction and a reset may be needed… But I don’t remember how to do that.

One thing that @Elias_Bakken mentioned to me is that you should always plug in USB first, and then video to get the signal setup right on the MS-2 small. Not sure if that also applies to the large screens though.