I have a usage question regarding ChiliPeppr & the carbide motion controller (using a

I have a usage question regarding ChiliPeppr & the carbide motion controller (using a shapeoko 3). Everytime I start Chilipeppr, the unit defaults to metric (mm), I then change the units to inches, and successfully load & run the gcode/nc file. Once finished chilipeppr reverts to metric, and usually loses track of home by a minor amount. Infrequently i’ll have to restart the server, no error messages in the terminal for v1.86 to become unresponsive to jogging. Is there a setting change in chilipeppr/grbl that will default to inches? Would like to figure out what’s going on with the instability at the end of job since it causes me to lose the home coordinates; which makes jobs with multiple toothpaths nearly impossible to get right… Any help is appreciated.

I’m guessing it’s your Grbl device or Gcode file putting it back into metric. ChiliPeppr does not put anything back into any default units, rather ChiliPeppr always tries to take whatever it’s told from Grbl and reflect those units. Grbl is known to do all sorts of resetting on an M30 command (which is what’s usually at the end of a gcode file) including locking the controller and making you have to reset it.

Thanks @jlauer , checked my jobs and M30 is present in each. What is the ideal way to end a file?