I have a question about auto leveling and limit swiches,

I have a question about auto leveling and limit swiches, I wired all my home/limit swiches as normally closed , now I Added the auto leveling probe to xmin but it will not work unless I change all my swiches to normally open, so my question is is there a setting I can change or do I need to rewire all my home / limit swiches to normally open . I am using the tinyg

What FW are running on tinyG?
I don’t use auto-leveling, but understood that that latest FW accommodated the use of NC switches by changing the trigger for autolevel to change of state rather than just open-closed.
BTW, 440.14 would be the most recent FW build.

Hopefully someone with Actual experience will chime in.

I will check when I get home, should be there in about 20 min

Looks like I am running 438.02, how would I update that

I have miss spoke i was trying to get the touch-plate to work with nurmally closed switches .

Here is the firmware update wiiki: https://github.com/synthetos/TinyG/wiki/TinyG-Updating-Firmware
I would try the updater app first - works for many folks , not others. Be sure to terminate the SPJS application, as it will get in the way when running the tinyG FW updater.
Perhaps JohnL will stop by - I believe the latest (1.82) SPJS has downloader capability built in, but I have not seen any documentation for that yet.

If you have issues, be sure to specify what OS you are running (and using to control your download).

Just saw your update.
Touchplate is much like auto-level. You should update anyway - some big improvements in motor power management were introduced with $fb=440.14

OK i download the tiny g updater and it says that it is connected to comport 6 , and when i pick the file to update the edge file it says it could not verify failed?

i am running window 8 64bit

Not sure why this is happening for some folks…
Next best - go back to wiki and try the avrdude method.
Or wait for JohnL to comment on how to use SPJS 1.82.

BTW, when I was testing the tinyG Upgrade app in a Win7 VM (I run Linux ), I found that the Updater ran OK after a third attempt. My assumption was that it was some sort of start-up issue. You might just retry Updater 2 or 3 times

Thank you , I will try that tonight

Will this delete all my settings? I have already copy ed them but just wanted to know what to expect

For sure, when you reflash tinyG the parameter set gets reset to a compiled in default set, almost certainy not what you have. Always good to have a backup of the parameters that are working best for you.

That’s what I thought

Hey, can I ask what are you using the auto level feature for?

I see, it’s called auto level, but it’s the function of probing the Z axis to define zero. I was thinking you were setting up a 3d printer with a tinyG

@Thomas_Shue
Auto Level is a CP feature - probes repetitively in a grid, then adjusts depth of cut (in-line Gcode modification) to “auto level”. Target appl was machining printed circuit boards, I believe, but could probably work for 3D printing as well.

@Thomas_Shue ​ I am using Chillipeppr Autolevel for PCB milling (GRBL workspace), works great.
My home switches are wired to normally open. I use small electrolytic capacitors to avoid faulty alarms caused by stepper motors crosstalk. Founding Z-zero is also working very nice.

John any help with this?