I have a problem with the laser on my k40.

I might try both. A flyback to attempt a repair and a full power supply just in case. I think I should be able to sell the power supply if I am successful with the flyback. They are quite expensive here in South Africa. :slight_smile:

These rectifiers; where are they located?? I canā€™t find them.

Andreas, Looking back over some of your previous posts, you seem to have more than your share of problems with that machine. Did you ever follow thru on Donā€™s suggestion (outlined in his diagramā€“above) and connect the ā€œINā€ signal to the ā€œ+5vā€ and hit the ā€œTESTā€ button? Anything?

Iā€™d suggest you thoroughly check your wiring for somethiing broken/intermittant. And try to remove the controller from your debugging strategy. Separate the controller from the power supply.

Did your machine only come with the digital front panel, or do you have the old pot and meter still around? Those could come in handy.

Iā€™d suggest you purchase a new power supply, even if you plan on trying to repair the old one. Doesnā€™t hurt to have a spare lying around.

@Andreas_Benestad
In the attached picture:
The bridge rectifier is at the top right. It is a black rectangular device with a angle removed from it upper right corner. It will have + and - molded in its surface somewhere near the leads.
The Diode rectifiers are the 4 tubular black devices with silver lettering and a silver band around one end.

I have a K40 and a Full Spectrum Laser that is basically the laser they cloned to come up with the K40. My FSL wasnā€™t working when I bought it. I thought it was the power supply so I bought a K40 PSU and still no laser so I took a closer look at the tube and it was all busted up inside. I should have looked closer, so I bought a new tube and now it works just fine with the original PSU. I have a brand new K40 Power Supply just like the one you have sitting in my tool chest now. I would take 35$ if you wanted to solve your problem this weekend by installing my new one in your laser and be done with this issue.

@Travis_Hamilton were do you live?