I have a problem with importing SVG files into LaserWeb 4.

I have a problem with importing SVG files into LaserWeb 4.
I used to use the trace to vector feature in LaserWeb 3, but since that is gone I converted my raster images into vector images using Potrace, but when I try to put those files into LaserWeb it freezes for 5-10 minutes.
This doesn’t happen if I use Inkscape for the conversion, but Inkscape always messes with the size/dpi of my images so it a pain to work with.
Any ideas and suggestions would be very welcome!

in inkscape under preferences you can change the dpi output for svg’s. I always set mine to 96 as per most programs but it has been known to default to 90. Also if you open the default file under inkscape/share/templates, change document size and units, etc . and re-save then your default format when opened will be what you want. hope this helps!

It sounds like Potrace is generating too many points. Does it have a setting to adjust that?

@Domm434 Your suggestion didn’t exactly help, but it lead me onto the right track. Nothing I changed in Inkscape did anything, no matter what I changed the image was still the wrong size in LaserWeb. I then realised that the only thing that affected the size at that point is changing the ppi setting in LaserWeb (and to 244 of all things). I don’t really know how to explain it, but for the original 144ppi image to be sized correctly in the end it had to be set as 244ppi in LaserWeb.

@Todd_Fleming I don’t really know, I used it as it was set up by default. Here is the list of commands you use, maybe there is something here that would lower the number of points.
https://plus.google.com/photos/104023157622958523547/albums/6424893552010212593/6424893552108929890

did you also resize the document to match the workspace of the laser? and understandable I have had to input anywhere from 24ppi to 96ppi in LW4, just not in the last couple revs

@Domm434 Yeah, it should have matched. Oh well, it works for now so I’ll just go with it. Thanks for your input.