I have a Herculien that I'm prepping to enclose and was wondering how you

I have a Herculien that I’m prepping to enclose and was wondering how you all route your wires/cables for a clean build. My old printer looks like Medusa’s head. I keep seeing these super clean builds and I can’t wrap my head around it. Any pictures would help greatly, thanks!

One of my favorite cable routing methods is cable ties + foam backed adhesive cable tie mounts. It is infinitely better than non-routed cables, but itself is still not the nicest. You can find 100pcs for <$6 on ebay.

If you want to pay a little premium to look nicer, you can get foam or screw mounted cable clips and also use nylon sheathing for your cables, and shrink-tube the ends (the sheathing tends to fray on ends.) That looks pretty classy.

This stuff http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H2RCY0I?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00 helps a lot (they have smaller diameters too). As Tomek said you want to heat shrink cover the ends, and pull the braid tight too.

Slot Covers. if youre using all openbuilds extrusion then get openbuilds slot cover. otherwise get from misumi.

but its real nice. and if you get two colors you can “decorate” :stuck_out_tongue:

the only wires i so far see on my build are on the inside when they travel up and out to the box.

I do have some slot covers that I will be using to run the wires along the machine, I just wasn’t sure how people were running Herculien wires from inside the machine to the outside after putting on the plexiglass.

Oh…I run mine all to one common corner. Then up. As close and tight to the corner as I can.

Same corner the hole in the lid for filament is

I’ll have to give that a try, I’ll modify the plexiglass on that side so that I can slide the cables out on a corner then up the extrusion hidden by slot covers. Thanks @Jim_Stone !

i think you misunderstood me. i hadnt modifed any of the plexi. ill take pics tomorrow.

That would be great @Jim_Stone