I have a delta running marlin. Any ideas as to what's causing the blobs.

I have a delta running marlin. Any ideas as to what’s causing the blobs. I think its a setting that’s causing the printer to pause periodically but I’m not sure which one that is.

What slicer? The slicers may either pause or slow down to ensure that current layer cools before starting the next layer.

Cura

Good theory I’ll test it

Another reason for such blobs is moisture in the filament. The filament would essentially expand after leaving the nozzle. If you hear popping or hissing noises when the printing is going on, you may have the temperature too high and/or there is moisture in the filament.

Naw no hissing or piping I keep my stuff pretty dry. I’m hooking op a fan to the hot end so I can cool the print and disable that setting for a test

Lemmie know what you find. Mine does it, too.

I had similar and took the temp down 5 deg and cleared mine up

Thanks that solved my issue

well i though that solved it, most of them went away. i’ll try a temp bump down and see if that takes care of the rest

Don’t be surprised if getting rid of the little blobs results in the inability to bridge properly. I am not saying it is guaranteed, but there is a chance of that result.

Are you using an LCD? If so which model and with what electronics?

I am using an LCD, and I love it. I’m using ramps 1.4 electronics with a. 12864 LCD model. Got a good deal on ebay

Is that one of the graphic LCDs? If so then it may be contributing to the issue. Try lowering delta segments per second or disabling the LCD. I’ve heard repetier works better with the glcd but have not tried this yet.

it is a graphic lcd, but i’m pretty sure it was not the issue . everything seems to be printing fine now.

Ah, fine. I hadn’t realised you’d fixed it fully. I’d be curious to know if you notice a difference with the LCD disabled in FW, I know I did.

I’ll try it and let u know but I also use the LCD for SD card printing

If you disable the LCD the SD still works. Not the e-stop button though, so bear that in mind