I have a CAD-related question for you:

I am trying but for Direct Modeling / Creative/ Highly Iterative work OnShape doesn’t seem to be a good choice. It seems made for the actual post-creative work, where you know exactly what you are doing. In this regard DesignSpark Mechanical blows OnShape’s socks off in terms of speed of iteration…

@Florian_Ford You are probably right. It’s not for iterating pins to holes on the fly by just moving the mouse :slight_smile: That might be a fun for creative fantasies implementation (like making a furry dragon tail), but not that much for practical applications (like fixing the windshield wiper motor bearing).

For me, nothing could beat the S-Pen on my Galaxy Notes for creative/iterative design development.

There are CAD apps made specifically for doing CAD-style playing around until you get what you want. Can’t do that in Illustrator… Creo has a parametric and a direct modeling version, I was hoping the future CAD could have them both.

DesignSpark Mechanical or Creo Elements / Direct Modeling Express fulfill my CAD iteration needs and, being a DSM user that grew more and more dissatisfied with the program’s shortcomings, was looking for a more modern, feature-packed software. My question was about Creo Elements initially but it went another direction. Will start looking a bit into Fusion360 to see if Direct Modeling is something it can do better than DSM.