I guess nobody else shares their carving projects on here?

@Jack_Daugherty with Meshcam there’s no real modeling. Fusion is CAM primarily, but you can model for mesh or solid. The complex CAD in SolidWorks, Inventor, etc as well as Fusion can get frustrating. In Fusion, the CAM as well, hence my problems cutting into the workpiece. The complex CAD software, though, is terribly expensive; though, I can use Inventor at the Makerspace. I’m pretty cheap (though I’d like to think frugal). Many nice designs can be done using Inkscape and jscut which are both free. There’s little to no real modeling with simple cuts using those. You just have to learn the process. What I’ve liked about Meshcam is that it takes grayscale images, bitmaps and even jpeg photos and can create a pretty quality relief design. So, if there’s an image of something I want to make a cut of I can just take a picture of it and Meshcam takes care of the rest. But, you are absolutely right, learning CAD and complex CAM strategies can be daunting. However, after weathering most of the storms building my CNCs as well as my 3D printers I can deal with most of the frustrations.

@George_Allen @Jack_Daugherty Keep posting your stuff gentlemen, I hope to play around with 3D Carving more and more as my paid work gets delivered. For now, I have to stick with V-Carving Signs and Barrel heads.

@Kelly_Burns Don’t worry. I’ve got some killer carvings I plan on doing very soon!