I did my first PCB today and just brought an arbitrary brd file from

I did my first PCB today and just brought an arbitrary brd file from Adafruit (the ESP8266 Huzzah). I noticed the SMD pads that have traces through them get cut. Like if you had a trace connected to three pads that trace will be cut out of each pad.

Another question same thread.

So if you have through hole components and SMD components this means the pads for the through hole has to be cut on the opposite side. As I study boards made for me at the board house those holes appear to metallic. Will the solder flow through and make the connection? Or is there additional prep work involved for each hole?

When you generate the gcode your traces and pads are merged. Through holes you have to stick copper wire through to achieve a via

Not really on the merge. My SMT pads have traces carved right through them.

You sure you have those as part of the same signal in eagle? All same signal names are merged

Ok I will look

For TH components I’d suggest soldering them on the top layer and bottom layer as the holes in cp are not plated.

Alternatively you can drill all the holes then stop the job. Apply conductive glue to the holes (I use a permanent ink with graphite added), then electroplate with a copper sulphate solution and copper pipe.