I cannot connect to the Ares octoprint I don't know what I am doing

I cannot connect to the Ares octoprint

I don’t know what I am doing wrong, i got the ip address previously then exit.

and now i can’t get back and cmd does’t show the ip anymore

You may want to describe how were you connecting including what kind of computer you use (I’m guessing Windows?), how network is connected (WiFi? Wired on a switch? Wired without a switch?), browser, commands you tried and output from those commands (how it behaved when you could connect and how it behaves now, etc.). Others have a better chance to help with more details.

@whackyhack +Yuan LIU following the user manual and connect an Ethernet cable from my computer to the 3D printer, then used wifi dongle to connect to the internet. After that I use cmd, and then typed arp -a and then got the IP address for the 3D printer and went onto Octoprint. I saved address onto a word document, and then proceeded to login using the easy art password and username, but failed.

After that I exited from the Octoprint, and use another Ethernet Cable which was attach router to my computer, I didn’t get any internet so then I changed the Internet protocol to automatic and got internet back.

But then when I tired to get back onto the Octoprint (using the IP address i saved) it didn’t work and then I tried to find the IP address again, connected to the printer with Ethernet cable and use cmd, it didn’t show the IP address, and I couldn’t do anything.

The IP address was this 192.168.137.114

It would really help if i can connect back to the 3D printer and login and print some things

I see the problem now. Your WiFi router will not give the same IP address for wireless connection and cable connection from Ares. Even with the same medium, your router may not assign the same address between reconnections. Unless you use the router’s “permanent IP” or similar feature to fix IP, you may need to run arp again. (I really wish Easy Arts’ forum was online. There are still some documents linked in the pinned post that may help.)

One step is still unclear to me: “use another Ethernet Cable which was attach router to my computer, I didn’t get any internet so then I changed the Internet protocol to automatic.” What did not get Internet? Ares or your computer? If it was Ares that did not get Internet, how did you “changed the Internet protocol to automatic”?

@whackyhack it was an internet cable from from why wifi router to my computer

“then used wifi dongle to connect to the internet.” Can you elaborate your steps to do so? Did you type some commands while connected to Ares via direct cable, or did you follow the manual’s method to edit a file on the shared drive?

Thanks. I got it to work now, I was being an idiot back then and forgot something now it is working, but i still can’t login.

Can you log into the terminal via ssh? If you have changed the default password, there is an OctoPrint file that you can delete to restore to first logon stage, but you must use the terminal. You can scroll down or search in this community for exact method. (I forget.)