I am working on a bowden extruder to replace the PlanetCNC Airtripper variant I

@Shauki think how big of a bot you can build then :slight_smile:

how is the extruder working out? which hobbed pulley you using?

@D_Rob I am using the 8mm I’d bore one from Trinity Labs on a 5:1 planetary stepper. Unfortunately you cannot get them anymore.

But I also like the 1.75mm specific one from ultibots if you are using a standard nema.

@Eclsnowman thanks. I orderes some mk7’s and mk8’s off ebay. a bunch of each/ the mk8’s are brass : / and the mk7’s are stainless, I’ll let you know how they work out. I’m in the process of building an army :slight_smile:

@D_Rob build farm?

@Eclsnowman All shall be revealed in due course

I’d be curious to know how the brass ones do too. I’ve had the teeth shred on steel hobbed bolts with PLA jamming so I’ve been hesitant of brass.

@D_Rob I’ve been wondering what you’ve been up to. I look forward to seeing your super secret project.

@Shauki depending on the need at the time are they not the same :wink:

@Shauki I know how that is. I only have one up and running right now. My trusty mendel 90/I3 Hybrid. Too many projects, and not enough time. I work 2 full time jobs, and sleep four or five hours a night at best. That is when I get to steal some time to build, design and tinker for myself.

@Eclsnowman any news on a 3mm version?

@Shauki I will try to configure it over the next few days.

@Shauki I have run into under extrusion with high speeds using standard nema 17. They work most of the time just fine, but the planetary only costs a little more.

Yes I still like the design. Thought I am working with another member on something even better. It is his baby so I cannot discuss it. But it should prove to be the best extruder hands down once finalized.