I am very happy with the g-code network upload functionality as it allows me

I am very happy with the g-code network upload functionality as it allows me to send g-code wirelessly to the tablet controlling my machine. However, in the current version there is a dialog in the tablet screen asking if I want the file to be printer right away.

My suggestion is that by a user selectable (or by adding some special code at the end of the g-code file, we can do that easily with regular slicer software) the file could be printed automatically.

This way users could start remotely a print without having to be where the printer is.

GcodeSimulator for PC already has an option to “Autostart” the print. (Using a simple protocol handshake before sending the actual gcode). How do you send the file from the PC ?

I am using “cat file.gcode | netcat tablet_ip:port” but if there is a better way or if doing it in a different way I can trigger the autoprint on the Arduino tablet that would be great.

it should work with netcat too if you send the handshake before sending the gcode. Download the magic.bin and add this as first argument to cat .
Example: cat magic.bin file.gcode | netcat ip:port
http://gcodeprintr.dietzm.de/magic.bin

Great, so you already had this covered :slight_smile: . Thanks a lot.