I am loving GCodePrintr on Android.  I had a few questions.

I am loving GCodePrintr on Android.

I had a few questions.

From the web interface, if I click on ‘stop print’ will that turn the heaters off? Basically an emergency stop that will put the printer in a safe state?

When you send a file from the PC client to the android client, can you get it to start printing remotely? I see a checkbox in android that reads something like “start print automatically after finished loading to SD card” but that seems to be more something to the controller than to the android.

Can we get some basic temperature controls in the web controls? I would like to be able to pre-heat my bed remotely. And shut the heat off as well.

Thanks for the great work!

Thanks for the good feedback !

1. When you click on “stop print” it will stop sending the remaining gcodes, clear the queue and send M104 S0 and M140 S0 to turn the extruder and heatbed off.
  2. There is no autostart, yet. I already thought about it and will add this feature soon.
  3. Sure, I will add it to the feature candidate list.

@Mike_Creuzer the latest GCodePrintr beta V1.67 together with the latest GCodeSimulator for PC v1.27 can now autostart print after file has been send from PC.

Awesome!

@Mathias_Dietz I tried a very large model on a very limited tablet. 1.2+ million lines doesn’t want to load on a $50 tablet. I am VERY impressed it hit a million lines loaded before she started to tank. Kudos to your hard work!

:slight_smile: Did you use new gcode parser ( Gcode Parser Option = Fast) or the old one ? The new one requires less memory and therefore can load more lines.

I am pretty sure it was the new one.

ok, I guess your 50$ device has just 512MB RAM and limits the heap per App to less than 256MB. In this case 1.2 Million lines are good.

If you want I can get you the specs

I think http://www.walmart.com/ip/28458515?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227020584699&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=34300628101&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=60656520781&veh=sem is the tablet I have. I need to double check the model number when I get a chance.

The tablet is SO bad, that it can’t even get it’s own system update. It finds them, pesters me about them CONSTANTLY, but is incapable of downloading them.

But it’s got a barrel jack charger and USB OTG. Everything I need!