https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqopuQC-tbE Facet Nation / Break Point (Range Demo) Radiant Non Repeating Animated Quilt -

Facet Nation / Break Point (Range Demo) Radiant Non Repeating Animated Quilt - - - 52" x 52" layered fabric construction over top of WS2801 LED array. Added an ultrasonic range finder to allow real time observer interaction…used a heavily modified NoisePlusPalette and set break points on the bri, speed, palette X times, a few other variables and some else ifs to mix up the colors…

@John_Lefelhocz The subtle interaction is a great addition. :slight_smile: I also really like that the converting is cloth. Looks really nice. Thank you for sharing.

Any photos of construction?

Here is a sketch of the layout. I scaled this piece for less pitch adjustments than previous works. I like soldering and all…but I have a limit. Orange is where I needed to splice in wires for length.
missing/deleted image from Google+

Here is a close up of the sketch. I uses Corel Draw for this.

Here is a process pic of the array from the backside. I’m putting the flat mount WS2801’s through 1/2" holes in coroplast and taping them in place.

Super. Really planned out, and that shows in the final piece. Thank you.