https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDc_siO9afY Jason's Coon Fibonacci project runs on ESP8266 with 200 leds WS2811 (with working

Jason’s Coon Fibonacci project runs on ESP8266 with 200 leds WS2811 (with working Wi-Fi to changing variables to make different animations from same algorithm. I’m not good programmer and I decide to go this way to make more animations looks)
I modified some lighting procedures. But most of all - there are just different values of variables in Jason’s code.
FPS is about 110-130. With 100 leds on same algorithms it was 240-280. But with 100 leds there was no freezing when change vars in web. With 200 leds - there are freeze about 0.2-0.5 sec.
I"m continue working on this project.
Also used code: Mark Kriegsman, Marc Miller, etc…
Thanks, guys!
Sorry for pore English.

in video description - there are link to cloud folder with English and Russian literature about phyllotaxis math. I need to read them to understand - how Jason calcs his arrays ))
One month of reading books - and I was absolutely wonder with phyllotaxis and nature beauty! )
p.s. Jason - really not evil, but GENIUS!!!

It looks great! Nice work :slight_smile:

That looks brilliant! I’d love to see more build pictures and details, if you have them and don’t mind sharing!

A mention in the YouTube video description would be nice as well. :slight_smile:

@Jason_Coon I’ll make some photos.
Project does not completed. There are all simple ) Your genius was more hard to understand ))
But I did it! :smiley:
And I leave some comments in your blog. I post there MS Excell book with arrays calcs. Sorry, I don’t remember on what page. It was about one or two weeks ago.

This looks really nice! A year or two ago I copied @Jason_Coon 's work onto a simple piece of pine wood in which I drilled 100 holes (lots of splinters) just to see if I could do it, I did. I didn’t do much besides copy someone’s work. I remember the difficulty placing the 100 LEDs in the right position.

Modifying the code and building the structure to install 200, then inserting them in the right sequence all are large challenges. KUDOS!

I would like to know the diameter of the completed circle and what material you used to hold the LEDs?

Really nice job

@Mike_Katchmar First time I took lamp, bring it to gas oven and place to upside piece ot PVC plastic. When hot - plastic easy to forming.
You could see it on first photo here:

It looks nice, but I want more )
I bought piece of acrylic plastic (milky) 3mm 60x60 cm in advertising agency. In my house I found piece of transparent acrylic 4mm. It is thick, but I have no much money ))
Then, I go to my friend and he make drills with laser.
Most difficult was to put leds in order. I print holes with coords on 6 pcs A4 paper , put it on holes and begin ))
Then - a little soldering, thinking how to make distance variable to see how it looks. On link you can see U-shaped PVC small pieces. But it look more beautiful without them(when leds near milk acryl)

There was many another “advantures” while I try to make it, but my English is too pore to say all, sorry )

Complete diameter is 58 cm.

You did a fantastic job! Looks awesome.

@marmil Thanks!
I forgot to say: I don’t know why, but when I merging Jason’s Fibonacci project and WiFi code from his psilocybe project - I have difficulties with compiling for ESP8266 (Jason used teensy for his project). Or it compiles but don’t work - I don’t remember. But all troubles gone after I delete all code for EEPROM. (save settings, read settings and another this like)
If somebody want to repeat - you need to know that for not wasting time )

Now I tried to see how this looks on street. I go to street at evening and power it on.
I need to say, that it need some more brightness. My max settings is 230. Default - 195. Eyes nos see large difference, but for leds (any, not just ws28xx) it is better to work not on full brightness.
It looks nice, but in case to add about half more - it would be better. )) But we can’t do this physically .
I put off acrylic diffuser and looks from ~20m distance. No! It is bad. My eyes see just brightness variability, and almost do not see hues beautiful transformations.
May be if put leds far from each other there would be some nice effect, but I’m not sure.
If I can find some base about 100-130 cm, I’ll try to see how it looks without diffuser just for experience ))