http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1502019 Combined the hub and axle into a single piece.

Combined the hub and axle into a single piece. It should be stronger than the two piece combo as my axles always seem to break right at the base of the bevel where the skinny section begins - I’ve made that section solid and gotten rid of the through hole for the now unnecessary screw.

While this prints fine, my inner perfectionist will compel me to clean up the meshes (generated somewhat crudely in quick and dirty MS 3DBuilder) in Autodesk Meshmixer…

I just destructively tested the new one piece HubAxle vs the old two piece combo. The new one is substantially stronger, I think printing the layers diagonally to the shear axis at the stress point helps as well.

Last night I figured out how to ditch another four bolts from the front suspension by printing snap in hinge pins for the steering linkage and hinge pins for the servo saver. The final two bolts could be eliminated by a snap in hub and a c shaped hub carrier with snap in hinge pins. Coming soon… (When I also figure out new flexy suspension arms that take the place of the kingpin springs or shocks using the flex of the plastic).

If you need any help modified parts I’m happy to do it and then send you the stl file for you to post up.

I’m ok on the models, thanks, the real trick is figuring out the flexibility of ABS and the height and width (on both axes) the bendy sections of the suspension struts have to be to give the right springiness for the front suspension with the 1kg weight of a completed car. I’m not sure this approach will work with the more brittle PLA. I’m going to make the bendy section in the middle of the arms wider and flatter to maintain strength while increasing flex.

Great job @Dragos_Ruiu this looks promising! I´m doing a list of project mods like this!

Well, I modeled exactly the same thing yesterday. Lol. You beat me to the punch on thingiverse. There is a flexible suspension mod on thingiverse you might take a look at.