HQ-SXPWM-A 110V spindle power supply

I have an HQ-SXPWM-A 110V spindle power supply in the OX I’m building. It turns on but always runs the spindle regardless of enable or voltage range input. Information on this unit is hard to find, and I have no instructions beyond what I found on aliexpress:

HQ-SXPWM-A High-Power Pulse AC90-260V Input 0-110VDC 90VDC 180VDC 220VDC Output 8A Motor Governor Digital Voltage and Current

HX-SXPWM-A Series Introductions

First, Introductions

The latest products HX-SXPWM-A (ultra-wide voltage AC90V-AC260V) input high-power DC motor governor. The governor using pulse width modulation technology, selection of today’s advanced switching device design and production, with a small size, no noise, high efficiency. And has advanced short circuit, over-current, over-temperature protection, and the armature voltage stability of the output voltage, the armature voltage from zero to rated continuously adjustable, which makes the motor speed is very convenient. Speed governor as a result of high frequency, so as to ensure that the motor at low speed to stabilize the work (that is, there is no crawling phenomenon), is an ideal alternative to SCR power supply products. Widely used in wire, cable, light industry, textile, paper, chemical, printing and dyeing, metallurgy, rubber, drawing, extrusion machinery, medical equipment, food production, printing and packaging industries, small DC motor armature, DC motor to achieve constant torque stepless speed regulation.

Second, Parameters

1, the input power (VAC): AC90-260V 50/60 Hz (for the global voltage)

2, the output armature voltage range (VDC): 0-48 / 90/110/180/220 (can be customized different versions)

3, the output armature current range (A): 8A (0.1A-10A can be arbitrarily set) If the current is too large need to increase the heat

4, the output excitation voltage range (VDC): 100/200 (default full bridge rectifier, which is 0.9 times the input voltage)

5, the output excitation current range (A): 1A

6, the operating frequency: 16 KHz

7, the given signal mode (V / mA): the default potentiometer, 0-5V, 0-10V, 4-20mA, PWM, button type

8, enable control mode (EN): switch

9, soft start (acceleration time adjustment range) (S): 0-10S (default 2 seconds)

10, soft stop (deceleration time adjustment range) (S): 0-10S (default 2 seconds)

11, double closed-loop PI regulation, (voltage, current) control more reliable

12, IR torque compensation range: 0-100% (default 0)

13, over-current protection range: 0-set value (default 8A)

14, over-current protection: stop the output and instructions (display code E1)

15, short-circuit protection: stop the output and instructions (display code E0)

16, overheating protection: power tube temperature exceeds 100 ° turn off the output and instructions (display code E2)

17, built-in digital display module, can display real-time operating voltage and current 18, Dimensions: length 140mm × width 98mm × height 38mm 19, wiring: terminal type (convenient)

Third, Working Environment

1, the ambient air temperature: -10 ~ 40 ° C

2, the relative humidity below 85%, well ventilated

3, installed in a well-ventilated, no severe impact, no vibration, no explosion hazardous media and no conductive metal powder occasions

Fourth, Features

1, the use of pulse width technology to make the speed more stable, low-speed efforts

2, with short circuit, over current, over-temperature protection cut-off device to make the performance more reliable

3, with soft-start device to eliminate the motor starting current is too large

4, high and low voltage signal completely isolated, the use of more secure

Fifth, Attention

1, the governor to close the input power, the hands of a minute to prohibit high-pressure touch terminals, there are high-voltage capacitors to prevent electric shock!

2, for the two lines of the DC permanent magnet motor, two leads directly to the armature M + with M-. Prohibited access excitation!

Sixth, Instructions for use

PWM signal requirements: 1, the default PWM signal level is 5V, the signal frequency 1KHZ above, with a load capacity of more than 0.5MA. 2,5V level without string resistance Input at PWM port, 10V level PWM input from 0-10V port or string 10K resistor at PWM port input, 12V level string 3.9K resistor from 0-10V port input or string 13.7K resistor In the PWM port input, 24V level string 27K resistor from 0-10V port input or string 16.8K resistor in the PWM port input

Seventh, Parameters Setting,

1, the motor rated voltage setting; long press SW1 three seconds to hear a release, the digital display U-110.0, through the SW2 SW3 button to add and subtract (long press will accelerate the addition and subtraction), 48V-250V adjustment .

2, the motor rated current settings; long press SW1 three seconds to hear a sound after the release, press SW1, digital display A-8.0, through the SW2 SW3 key addition and subtraction (long press will accelerate the addition and subtraction), 0.1 -10.0A between the adjustment.

3, the motor acceleration time setting; long press SW1 three seconds to hear a release, then press SW1, digital display UP-2.0, through the SW2 SW3 key addition and subtraction (long press will accelerate the addition and subtraction) 0.0-10.0 seconds between the regulation.

4, the motor deceleration time setting; long press SW1 three seconds to hear a release, then press SW1, digital display DOW-2.0, through the SW2 SW3 button to add and subtract (press will accelerate the addition and subtraction), 0.0 -10.0 seconds between the adjustment.

5, the motor IR setting; long press SW1 three seconds to hear a sound after release, then press SW1, digital display IR-0, through SW2 SW3 key addition and subtraction (long press will accelerate the addition and subtraction), 0 -100 between the regulation.

6, input signal settings; long press SW1 three seconds to hear a release, then press SW1, digital display IN 0-5, through the SW2 SW3 key addition and subtraction (long press will accelerate the addition and subtraction) 0-5V and 4-20MA between the regulation.

Eighth, Working Mode

1, key mode; short press SW1 to start, digital display real-time current and real-time voltage (10.0A 110.0, behind the front current value of voltage), through SW2 SW3 keys for acceleration and deceleration (long press will accelerate the addition and subtraction) Press the SW2 SW3 button mode to adjust the output voltage, short press SW1 again to stop.

2, external signal control mode; connected to EN, through the PWM, 0-5V, 0-10V, 4-20MA terminal number given signal (default 0-5V 0-10V PWM signal, the parameter can be set to 4-20MA signal ), Digital display real-time current and real-time voltage (10.0A 110.0, behind the front current value of the voltage value), disconnect the EN after the stop. 3, the priority of the two models for the same level, to see which mode first to be used.
ing current is too large

1. With flexible multi-function interface

With it powering the spindle regardless of the enable setting or any input settings, I’m worried that I have a dud. I guess I can just run the spindle at full speed (or whatever speed it is actually going) for now…

It’s providing 155V to this 110V-rated spindle. Probably not doing the brushes any favors. Pushing the switches through the case with a bit of plastic, it’s clearly set for 110V and 8A; the default settings. So I think it’s dead inside somewhere.

What’s spindle are you connecting this to?

600W air-cooled; it’s intended as a set (got it from Brandon in his going-out-of-business sale) and used to be sold a lot that way. But most of the hits I see online for the HQ-SXPWM-A controller about how it dies young, and some for the 600W spindle complain about it tearing up brushes and armatures quickly, so I’m wondering about maybe cutting my losses.

I could probably get something like this and get started with the existing spindle without a big investment:

I have extra conductors in the drag chain, so I could move to brushless instead. A lot of those are ER8 though, and I’m all stocked up on ER11. Some of the ER11 brushless spindles have only + and - so maybe they have an integral ESC?

I shortly after that upgraded to a water-cooled three-phase spindle controlled by a VFD.

Then, recently, I decided I might want to use the old spindle to make a tool post grinder for my lathe. I rummaged through my power supplies and found two. I decided to test them on the bench. The HQ-SXPWM-A didn’t honor the potentiometer or the enable switch. I did a search for information on it, and Google brought me back here to my post from almost four years ago

So now I know I need to use the other supply! :grin:

2 Likes